2020-21 HOME & SCHOOL RECAP
THANK YOU WILLINGDON FAMILIES
Everything may have been very different this year, but we nonetheless had a great year thanks to you! Your generous contributions and amazing spirit have made this another successful Home & School year!
2020-2021 fundraising in numbers:
Fundraisers: School supplies sale, Mabel’s & Oliver’s Labels, Pizza night and more !
- $1579.23 raised in proceeds from the 2020 online school supplies sale (240 orders were place last year!)
- $1614.40 raised through the family pizza night, photo day, and Mabel’s & Oliver’s labels
- $3970 raised through FroYo (proceeds split between the Grad Committee and Home & School)
Virtual Scholastic Book Fair
- $3870.78 total sales
- With the scholastics rewards raised last year, over $5000 in scholastics rewards offered to the teachers in the form of classrooms supplies and books.
- 12 overflowing boxes of food and goods to fill holiday gift baskets for local families
- $10 645.09 raised through the generous donations from the grade 6 families, the Holiday Market, the spirit-wear sales, and chocolates sales.
Family Support Fund
- $7442.38 raised through direct donations, Tru Earth, Recette en Pot and the Spirit-wear campaign;
- Thoughtful Thursday food collections for the Willingdon Pantry initiative;
- Every family who requested support received sponsorship;
- Support includes:
- $5340 spent on school fees and lunch monitor fees;
- $5179.00 spent on groceries and grocery gift cards for families in need;
- $101 spent on FroYo;
- $1105.50 spent on weekly hot lunches from Mini Bistro;
- and so much more!
2020-2021 ACTIVITIES/EVENTS SUPPORTED BY H&S
- Year-round “Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week” (TSAW) activities: Thank you to Kim Tulloch & Ania Muller for coordinating such a special TSA year!
- Kindergarten welcome treats
- Snack bags for the Grade 5 Welcome to senior campus event in September
- Halloween festivities
- Kindergarten Holiday event
- Sponsored Mini Bistro lunches
- Themed days (Tropical Beach Day, Crazy Hat/Hair day)
- Art Therapy Program
- New bike racks for senior campus
- Virtual Magic Show
- Baked goods collection for Resilience Montreal
- Kindergarten orientation contributions
- Photo days
- Freezie Day
- Freezies for Kindergarten graduation day
- Donation of supplies for Autism Awareness month
- Donation of books for Black History Month
The generosity in the Willingdon Community is truly unmatched. We are so grateful for your continued support throughout the year, for all of our fundraising initiatives.
We would also like to take this opportunity to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU to the Willingdon administration, staff, and teachers. It is because of all of you that we had such a great year. You welcomed us into the school even during these difficult times and we thank you for the extra support you provided to each of the Home & School initiatives when our volunteers weren’t able to be there themselves.
A very big thank you goes out to all of our volunteers! From FroYo pick-ups and deliveries, to coordinating events, to the day to day volunteering, we appreciate you being there with us to make each of our events happen. THANK YOU ALL !
Cheers & Happy Summer!
Your Home & School Executive Members
Co-Chairs: Margo Stewart and Karen Negrete
Treasurer & Membership: Anna Calvert
Co-Communications Chairs: Andrea Archibald & Amélie Bélanger
Co-Secretaries: Ania Muller & Veronica Santaguida
Family Support Fund: Kristy Cuevas
Member-at-Large: Julie Trudel